Click acá para ir directamente al contenido

Consular registration of death abroad

What does this service provide?

Death Registration of nationals residing abroad and whose decease occurred out of this country. This, in order to regularize registration status in Chile.

Where is it provided?

At Consulates of Chile abroad or at the Civil Registration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs when the applicant didn´t made this formality in the appropriate Consulate (Teatinos 180, 1st Floor).

Who may request this service?

Individuals wishing to regularize the decease of a Chilean citizen occurred abroad.

What do I need to do the procedure?
  • To prove the Chilean nationality of the person who died, by means of the following documents:
  • Chilean birth certificate of the deceased person.
  • Original death certificate issued by the authorities of the corresponding country.
  • Marriage book or marriage certificate (if there is a marriage in Chile).
In addition, the person applying for registration must present his or her identity document.

Registration in the Chilean Civil Registration and Identification Service of a death occurring abroad.

  • During the processing of an application, submission of additional documents might be required.
  • The cost of this formality must be inquired at the Consulate.
Service provided in person