Location of individuals and search for biological parents
The Consular Social Service Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in conjunction with Chilean Consulates, makes the necessary arrangements for finding or locating nationals abroad at the request of direct relatives or national court or administrative authorities. In addition, they receive requests from nationals abroad to locate direct relatives in Chile.
Abroad: go to the respective Chilean Consulate.
In Chile: Department of Consular Social Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, located at Agustinas 1320, 1st floor. Opening hours: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00 hours.
Chilean citizens requiring to locate a direct relative abroad.
Or nationals abroad wishing to locate direct relatives in the national territory.
- This service can only be requested by a direct relative of the person sought (spouse, mother, father, children, siblings, uncles/aunts, nephews/nieces) and having clear facts that there are possibilities to find him/her in a particular country and/or foreign city subject to prior submission of the following documents:
- Documents that prove direct kinship;
- Birth certificate of person sought
- Clear indication of the reasons for finding him/her.
To take the necessary steps for finding Chileans abroad or in Chile and to certify their results.
- In general, the conduct of this service is at no cost.
- During the processing of the request, submission of further information might be required.
- There might be a step the cost of which might be borne by applicant.